[Users] Zimbra's bug fixing process?

Frédéric Nass frederic.nass at univ-lorraine.fr
Wed Feb 10 12:11:28 CET 2021

Hello,

This is yet another bottle thrown at the see from the Zimbra's customer
island.

Does anyone know if this "Zimbra’s New Bug Fix / Reporting Process" is
still going on?
https://blog.zimbra.com/2018/05/zimbras-new-bug-fix-reporting-process/

I've been asking the support about 2 bugs that we reported and that were
never fixed.

ZBUG-982: Add a Google Calendar reloads ZWC.

Customer: "This bug was reported years ago (see below) and the Bug
Lookup tool in Zimbra's customer portal still says: "There are no
updates for ZBUG-982. Please contact support for further details." Why
is this bug not fixed yet? What work has been done to fix it?"
Support : "Thank you for following up on ZBUG-982, the bug was open
before January 1 2020 and do to data sensitivity, we are unable to
provide updates to bugs older than Jan 1, 2020.  Going forward, we
recommend opening a new case asking status on any issue that isn't
showing within the bug tracking portal to insure that the support team
can provide a timely update.  For your bug ZBUG-982, it has been
assigned to a coming sprint but from the notes the fix is technical and
there is no estimated time for resolution.  Support updated the bug
letting Product know that you have made a follow up request."
Bug lookup tool: "There are no updates for ZBUG-982. Please contact
support for further details."

Crazy, uh? Guys are sprinting since January 2020. They should really
take a break...

ZBUG-743: Unchecked status of shared sub-calendars does not survive ZWC
reload

Customer: "ZCS Bug Lookup tool shows no progress for bug ZBUG-743.
Please provide feedback on bug ZBUG-743."
Support : "At this time, there is no ETA on when the issue will be
resolved.  I have updated the bug letting Product know that you
requested a status."
Bug lookup tool: "There are no updates for ZBUG-743. Please contact
support for further details."

And of course, both cases closed the day after.

What about the "All JIRA tickets will be addressed within 2 months or
less."?

Any ETA for this joke to end?

Regards,

Frédéric Nass

Sous-direction Infrastructures et Services
Direction du Numérique
Université de Lorraine