[Users] Help wanted: shell scripting

Guy CARRÉ guycarre at free.fr
Mon Oct 31 22:16:38 CET 2016

  Here a code sample to check if mailboxd is running on the server.
You can add it near the beginning of the script under check root user

# check if a service mailboxd is running on this server
MAILBOXD="$(su - zimbra << 'EOF'
        zmcontrol status | grep mailboxd || true
EOF
)"
if [ ! -z "${MAILBOXD}" ] ;
        then echo "mailboxd is running"
        else echo "mailboxd is not present on this server"
        exit 1
fi