[Users] Email templates for Zimbra 8.7 has been updated to version 0.8 including catalan language support

Barry De Graaff barrydg at zetalliance.org
Wed Aug 31 19:13:41 CEST 2016

Hello Malte,

Calling it `interesting` is one way of putting it. What happened here is at some point
the Email Templates was forked into the adopted Zimlets, and improvements where
made by Dennis Ploeger.

I think he never increased version numbers, hoping to ever merge stuff back into Zimbra.

As that never happened time went by, and we kept fixing Email Templates for newer versions
of email templates.

I *think* the one the Alliance has, is the only one that works well, and at the very least
Dennis pushed a few bugzilla's, so that the functionality is restored in 8.7.

Also I saw that broken Zimlets upstream still get translations added by the Zimbra translate
team, while in the meantime the `adopted` alliance zimlet is already changed on other
places.

So I am guessing it is not a question of `newer`, more as in, what works and what not.

An other issue is that even if Zimbra has a working version upstream, that upstream version
is not deployed, unless you check it out from source, as they do not update the version on
Zimbra.org nor do they ship all zimlets with the tar/installer.

Long story short, I will increment the version on each release I do, but I do not intent to
look at the upstream product, unless we go merge. So for now, I leave the version as is.

Also 0.9_7.2.0.20120410.013444  seems to tell me its from 2012, and well...

Kind regards,

Barry de Graaff
Zeta Alliance Founder
www.zetalliance.org

Skype: barrydegraaff.tk
Fingerprint: 9e0e165f06b365ee1e47683e20f37303c20703f8