[Users] Community Manager MIA

Jorge de la Cruz jdelacruz at zetalliance.org
Wed Aug 17 15:21:41 CEST 2016

Hi guys,
I'm here! Alive, as I said into the forums, I have moved more into the Product Marketing for the present and future OEM, which is taking full time and ahead of my time, which basically means I'm not Community Manager itself anymore at a title, or duties. But still we don't have anyone to replace me, so I will keep doing maintenance for the Forums, and trying all my best for them, and for the Community, you can see that I'm trying to reply as much as I can, and I know of course.

Months ago the Zeta Alliance said we have a Community group to take care of the Forums, for that reason we moved into zimbra.org, not under forums.zimbra.com like before, we even have it here - http://www.zetalliance.org/organization-structure But the reality of the forums is that the most active users are the usual ones, phoenix by far the most active one, myself, Mark, liverpool, etc. But it will be amazing to have more Zeta Alliance guys replying, specially people with deep knowledge like Adam or Cine, but I understand they are really busy too.

I will be really happy if we can put some ideas to improve the Forums, some of them it will be under Zimbra/Synacor umbrella, like talk with each Manager to let them know it's important for Zimbra Employees to contribute, most active users, or better monthly topics, etc. etc. And others can be under the Community/Zeta Alliance umbrella, it's nothing wrong about to share responsibilities, as at the end is for the good of Zimbra as a product and as an Open Source project.

I am really open to help with the ideas about the Forums, please think about it and let me know.

I really hope we will have some Community and Social Media Manager soon, as far as I know the hiring process is open already, but it will be as a contractor, so maybe it's not yet opened on the synacor careers page, not sure about all this HR thing.

I don't see any mess, just an opportunity to put all the bullet points of how to improve it from Synacor, and from the Zeta Alliance, and then start working on that points.

Best regards