[Users] Zeta Alliance 2019 crowdfunding ideas

Lorenzo Milesi maxxer at yetopen.it
Mon Feb 4 12:05:14 CET 2019

> Would it make it more manageable to have z-push dockerized, so you can still
> have it on the same server as Zimbra?

I usually keep ZPush on the same server, without Docker tough. Indeed it could be a good idea to Dockerize zpush. Unfortunately I'm unlikely going to have time in the short future, but it's certainly an interesting research.

> Would that make it easier on upgrades?

Actually it's not that hard to upgrade. I used to keep a symlink on the www root named "z-push" linked to the current z-push version. Now that zpush is packaged upgrades are handled by package managers

> What is your experience with z-push on Zimbra upgrades?

I just have to remember to change the nginx templates to forward /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync to zpush, nothing else.

> Also- how do you manage the clients and solve sync issues?

It depends on the error... The most annoying problem is that Contacts are usually not updated "on the fly", but I still have to figure out why. They often come to sync after some time (even hours), so I didn't look into it very deeply.
Other than that you can issue a "resync" command to ask the client to resync all the data, or "remove" that will cause zpush to loose client sync status and it's a more drastic restore solution. Either one of the two usually work.

Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - https://www.yetopen.it/
Via Salerno 18 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel +39 0341 220 205 - Fax +39 178 6070 222

Think green - Non stampare questa e-mail se non necessario / Don't print this email unless necessary

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 e GDPR 679/2016 --------
Tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario.
Tutte le informazioni ivi contenute, compresi eventuali allegati, sono da ritenere confidenziali e riservate secondo i termini
del vigente D.Lgs. 196/2003 in materia di privacy e del Regolamento europeo 679/2016 - GDPR - e quindi ne e' proibita l'utilizzazione ulteriore non autorizzata.
Nel caso in cui questo messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo, stamparlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena possibile.
Grazie.

Confidentiality notice: this email message including any attachment is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information;
pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and the European General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 - GDPR - any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recepient please delete this message without copying, printing or forwarding it to others, and alert us as soon as possible.
Thank you.