[Users] Next Zeta Alliance call agenda ready for your input

Anahuac anahuac at anahuac.eu
Tue Jun 29 19:30:17 CEST 2021

Guys,

First of all thank you very much for having me in the conference. It was really awesome =)

So, I asked to Ananias and old friend and one of the very best Zimbra admins I know to join the group and give you some inputs as well.
Just now when I told him about your impressions over the issue be in the network connection he told me he installed a Windows in the very same Proxmox cluster Zimbra is running in.
So it doesn't seems to be network.

Anyway I'll let him describe it a bit.

Welcome Ananias

> De: "anahuac" <anahuac at anahuac.eu>
> Para: "users" <users at lists.zetalliance.org>
> Enviadas: Terça-feira, 29 de junho de 2021 8:50:19
> Assunto: Re: [Users] Next Zeta Alliance call agenda ready for your input

> Good morning,

> I have made some tests and I shared that zimbra_imap_folder_pagination_enabled
> option in our Telegram Zimbra group so other could test it too.
> We all gt the same results: u nfortunately it doesn't changed nothing.
> One of my colegues in the group said he felt "some" improvement in mailboxes
> with 10Gb or less, but not much.

> FTR we all increased the time between send/receive cycles in Outlook too.

> I was so hopeful that could fix the issue but it seems that's not the case.
> Any other suggestions or tests we could perform?

>> De: "Randy Leiker" <randy at skywaynetworks.com>
>> Para: "users" <users at lists.zetalliance.org>
>> Enviadas: Domingo, 27 de junho de 2021 15:40:26
>> Assunto: Re: [Users] Next Zeta Alliance call agenda ready for your input

>> You are welcome and I hope it helps solve the issue. Those two settings seem to
>> help the most when you have mailbox users that have sophisticated folder trees
>> (many nested sub-folders). In those cases, IMAP clients can really struggle to
>> complete a sync of all folders before the next send/receive cycle starts. If
>> the next send/receive cycle starts before it is finished syncing all of the
>> folders from the prior cycle, IMAP clients will usually abort the process &
>> start over again. This in turn can cause it to never finish, leading to
>> problems like new emails not arriving in the Inbox or email being stuck in the
>> Outbox.

>> Another strategy that often helps too is to ask clients to increase the time
>> between send/receive cycles in Outlook. For example, if clients have it set to
>> checking mail once per minute, try changing the send/receive groups setting in
>> Outlook to checking every 5 or 10 minutes instead. The clients will likely need
>> to quit & restart Outlook after making this change so that it goes in to
>> effect.

>> Randy Leiker ( randy at skywaynetworks.com )
>> Skyway Networks, LLC

>>> Hi,

>>> https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.15/P15 |
>>> https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.15/P15 ] ). Have you tried
>>> enabling these settings to see if they help?

>>> Also, feel free to join the next Zeta Alliance call this coming Tuesday to
>>> discuss further too: [ https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/zetalliance |
>>> https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/zetalliance ]

>>> Randy Leiker ( randy at skywaynetworks.com )
>>> Skyway Networks, LLC

>>> 3 - Same with arrival, but it's worse sending.

>>> Extra information related to this:

>>> 1 - If I install and configure Thundrbird in the same computer, using the very
>>> same account, sync and sending issues just don't happen. "magically" it works
>>> fast and as expected with Thunderbird but not with Outlook;

>>> 2 - We have this quite big Telegram group oriented to Zimbra in Brazil-
>>> @zimbrasil - and I was told by friends there that Zimbra 9 NE doesn't present
>>> that issue. But all Zimbra OSE admins are complaining about it. You're welcome
>>> to join us and listen to them.
>>> This has become a serious issue.

>>> 3- I have a topic open about it in Zimbra forum for a quite long time now with
>>> no comments =(
>>> https://forums.zimbra.org/viewtopic.php?t=67132

>>> I would really appreciate if you can give us - Zimbra OSE admins - some
>>> attention on that matter.

>>> Thanks for your attentions and I'm sorry if my message is too long.
>>> Please don't hesitate to ask me anything.

>>> Regards