[Users] Shared calendars with common events

Frédéric Nass frederic.nass at univ-lorraine.fr
Tue Jan 19 09:49:54 CET 2021

Hello,

I would like to get your view on an issue that our users report from
time to time.

When a user accesses multiple shared calendars with common events (same
UIDs), these events are only downloaded once in the first calendar that
synchronizes them. And these common events are not downloaded in other
shared calendars.
This becomes an issue when the user chooses to only display some of the
shared calendars as some of the common shared events would not display
and he/she would miss some events.

I believe Zimbra chose to not download the same events more than once
either to save on-disk space or to avoid displaying these events
multiple times in the Calendar view.
I believe the dedup and the display parts should be handled separately
and recoded to avoid this unexpected behavior.

What do you think?

Regards,

Frédéric.