[Users] April 7, 2020 Zeta Alliance Conference Call Summary

Randy Leiker randy at skywaynetworks.com
Fri Apr 10 20:03:15 CEST 2020

Hi Bill,

You sent your message directly to me, so I'm CC'ing the Zeta mailing list so others can see it too.

I am just the messenger, so I do not know Synacor's long term plans for the 8.8.15 open source branch, but my understanding from what I have been told is that Synacor will probably leave the open source repos in place for 8.8.15 after December 31, 2024, based on what they have shared with us so far. I think their intent is that the 8.8.15 branch will not receive bug fixes or feature updates after the end of general support on December 31, 2023, and no security updates after the end of technical guidance on December 31, 2024. But, that is at least 3 years away, so a lot can change between now and then. Zimbra's history under earlier ownership with Yahoo, VMware, and Telligent has seen reversals of earlier decisions, so it is always possible that this decision could change too.

We often have several Synacor employees joining us for each week's conference call, so if yourself or others would like to jump on a call to present your concerns about how this change could cause financial harm to Synacor, it might be a good place to make your case so these opinions can be shared with the Zimbra product team.

Randy Leiker ( randy at skywaynetworks.com )
Skyway Networks, LLC