[Users] How to recover from WARN Unexpected blob found

Jim Dunphy jad at aesir.com
Tue Jul 30 20:00:18 CEST 2019

Barry,

That was my article and I don't remember the circumstances now and had completely forgot that I had written this up. Zimbra support and Rich King made the recommendation but root cause was unknown. The server was SSD's in a raid configuration and was on a KVM platform that I use for myself, wife and kids. Once the general recommendation failed, we went to last resort which is not a very good solution since you are deleting/importing. I had a single bob instance.

I will add the following for possible root cause - we believed it was tied to composing and sending via the web interface. My wife maintained that odd things were happening with her various browsers and plugin's on her mac and she was getting strange errors from time to time when composing messages. I should have paid more attention :-) but her use of noscript and various other security plugin's seemed root cause to me at the time and I failed to investigate this further. This would be a 8.7+ NETWORK release.

Good Luck

Jim