[Users] How to recover from WARN Unexpected blob found

Noah Price noah-zeta at prxy.com
Tue Jul 30 19:02:25 CEST 2019

Hi Barry,

Isn't that article ultimately just saying delete the blob data?

Seems like that is what Zimbra recommends
[ https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Suite_Plus/Zimbra_HSM_Plus/Checking_the_message_BLOBs_health | https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Suite_Plus/Zimbra_HSM_Plus/Checking_the_message_BLOBs_health ]
"Unexpected BLOB" errors are commonly caused by a problem in the deletion process of an item.

I'm interested since I've also done some recent blob checks finding unexpected blobs, but assumed they were from messages deleted by the user at some point so the blob data could just be removed.

Noah