[Users] Zimbra doing similar like Exchange DAG

Naisiew Yeak yeak at md.com.my
Wed Nov 7 04:54:23 CET 2018

Hi Randy,

Thanks for sharing.

1. The GlusterFS can't ensure consistent replica between nodes? I actually
hope that it will. Anyway I will test for Zimbra usage. Will report
findings.
2. Zimbra X direction is out of my league for now. If there is no choice I
will have to pick it up and learn it.
3. Yes I am thinking of similar idea where MySQL is one component by itself
with cluster setup. But all this setup tear Zimbra design away. Upgrade
will become an issue. I guess this is what Zimbra X is trying to solve.

Anyone has good answer how to answer those people comparing Zimbra to
Exchange DAG? Simply say we are not ready? Work In Progress?

My current answer: DAG is resource hungry. Zimbra is slim. However we are
working toward similar active/active mailstore and keep the resources low.
Can?

Any other idea?

Thanks.