[Users] Powershell and utf-8?

Thor thor918 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:26:35 CEST 2018

I have been using powershell againt zimbra for a long time. but now I was
about to experiment on some code to do search queries, I'm hitting a wall.
I think perhaps the problem lies in powershell.
so far I havent managed to get around this yet.

I'm using "Invoke-RestMethod -Method Post" to submitt my zimbra soap
request.
everything works if my search is standard english chars. However once I add
my scandinavian chars. it just dosent work.

and I get this in mailbox.log

misc - Problem parsing XML - Fatal Error: Problem on line 1 of document :
Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
soap - C: (ParseError:Document parse failed)
<soap:Body><SearchRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" fullConversation="0"
limit="100" query="m�terom " types="message" fetch="all" html="1"
max="10"><header n="X-Spam-Status" /><header n="X-Spam-Flag"
/></SearchRequest></soap:Body>

is suppose to say query="møterom". (i'm looking at mailbox.log using a ssh
client set to show utf-8)

Anyone hit the same problem and have a workaround ?