[Users] zbackup for OSE

David Sommerseth dazo at eurephia.org
Mon Jul 16 15:22:21 CEST 2018

On 16/07/18 11:53, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
> Just found this repo:
> https://github.com/sandromello/zbackup
>
> I hoped it was using a different approach but it's still downloading mails as
> /tgz/.

It uses the REST API (https://$SERVER:7071/home/....) to fetch the data.  From
what I've understood, it is the server side API which is unreliable so it
might provide all the data you'd expect it would provide.

Unless I have misunderstood something, it wouldn't help much if the client
side downloading these files are robust.  In fact, using curl/wget would
probably be considered the most robust download clients - which would still be
unreliable with this REST API.

Zimbra Network Edition or Zextras Backup are the most reliable alternatives
today, afaik.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth