[Users] zimbra.org Public DNS - Gone?

David Touitou david at network-studio.com
Fri Oct 21 14:57:46 CEST 2016

AFAIR, they (Zimbra/Synacor) use the Amazon/AWS whole package also for DNS.

That is broken right now.: http://status.aws.amazon.com/
"We are investigating elevated errors resolving the DNS hostnames
used to access some AWS services in the US-EAST-1 Region."

Amazon seems to be using Dyn infrastructure for its DNS service: https://www.dynstatus.com/incidents/nlr4yrr162t8
"DDoS Attack Against Dyn Managed DNS
Incident Report for Dyn, Inc.
Subscribe to Updates
Update
This attack is mainly impacting US East and is impacting Managed DNS customer in this region. Our Engineers are continuing to work on mitigating this issue.
Posted 3 minutes ago. Oct 21, 2016 - 12:45 UTC
Investigating
Starting at 11:10 UTC on October 21th-Friday 2016 we began monitoring and mitigating a DDoS attack against our Dyn Managed DNS infrastructure. Some customers may experience increased DNS query latency and delayed zone propagation during this time. Updates will be posted as information becomes available.

Customers with questions or concerns are encouraged to reach out to our Technical Support Team.
Posted about 2 hours ago. Oct 21, 2016 - 11:10 UTC"