[Users] Family mailbox continued

Barry De Graaff barrydg at zetalliance.org
Tue Aug 30 14:48:44 CEST 2016

Hello All,

Looking into the family mailbox, it seems 8.7 does most of what we want
and it can be scripted to be similar to 6 (some issues remain).

I would like to deliver the following:

1.
 - - createPersona <account>
  add persona's based on aliases of <account>

2.
 - - shareAccount <account> <accountToShare>
  create a share in <account> to the <accountToShare>, will also add persona.
  and configures Zimbra to store mail in correct sent folder. Additionally the correct
  FROM (persona) is used when replying.

3.
 - - cleanupAccount <account>
  Remove all shares and persona's from account. Even if they where created outside these scripts.
  Useful to clean up after migration, upgrades or other issues where the Ajax webclient fails to load
  due to invalid shares. This script will generate commands that you can run at discretion to
  avoid loosing data.

For me that would take care of most, and this could be a good first step.

One disadvantage is the need for CLI access, extending the admin UI for this would be painful,
but at least creating persona's could also be done using a zimlet. Allowing the user to
automatically configure the persona's correctly... cause in general all options in preferences
are took complicated. Maybe we could also leverage sendAs rights to configure stuff.

Kind regards,

Barry de Graaff
Zeta Alliance Founder
www.zetalliance.org

Skype: barrydegraaff.tk
Fingerprint: 9e0e165f06b365ee1e47683e20f37303c20703f8