[Devel] Fwd: Re: Zimbra FreeBSD Port

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Fri Jun 17 21:02:19 CEST 2016

--On Friday, June 17, 2016 10:11 AM +0200 Ray
<rs+zetalliance.org at trust64.com> wrote:

> Hi Quanah,
>
> I do not see this as much of a problem, basically there is not much of a
> difference, the same sources are used (you download upstream version X
> and apply your packages and package for rpm. The same happens on
> FreeBSD, we download the upstream version you specified in the
> versions.def file, we apply the same packages, etc. Everything is the
> same, it is your version.
>
> I am not talking about using the FreeBSD supplied postfix. It would be
> your postfix, with your patches and your nginx with your patches. The
> difference is who is building the actual package and where the
> repository is.

Sounds ok in general, but there's likely going to always be two options
needed.  One option where someone just installs a distribution build, that
uses the distribution repo, and isn't in the end something subject to
support, etc, from Zimbra, and release from Zimbra, that are current and
use Zimbra's repository servers, which can have associated support
contracts, etc.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount